"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Overstimulation is an understatement

My second day back in the quote and unquote "real world" (don't know why I typed that, quotation marks are available in written word) and saying I'm overstimulated would be a brash understatement (see photo on left for demonstration). When my cell phone rang for the first time yesterday in a month I couldn't remember what to do. If that isn't scary enough when I drive I appear to be in such a peaceful state I can't get myself to go above 40 mph. How did I ever handle Las Vegas a month ago??

I feel like the peacefulness in the eye of a storm, but am not sure it's serving me well right now. Particularly in the clothing department. When I met my mom for lunch yesterday (which was Monday, at least I understand the days of the week still) I showed up wearing sweatpants, Birkenstocks with socks (yes, awful I know) and a peacoat. Ugh and more ugh, thank goodness I pulled my mind together to get dressed for meeting my sister for dinner or I wouldn't have heard the end of it.

My body doesn't seem to be adjusting well to the foods I used to eat, although healthy not as healthy as food blessed by yogis everyday. On a positive note, my meditation practice has become much stronger and I crave it instead of it being something to check off my to-do list.

My name is Becky and I'm an overstimulator, but excited to be here. =)

Today I'm grateful for my Eckhardt Tolle CDs, Garden of the Gods, and organic blueberry muffins.

No comments: