"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Monday, May 4, 2009

Where there's a Goodwill, there's a way


Goodwill has most recently provided everything I needed for a smooth transition to Denver. My old apartment (before the basement) was quite a bit larger than shall we say the closet I currently live in. (Although I'd give space anyday for my great location.) I desperately needed some plates for my new place, check. Shoe rack, check. closet organizer, check.
I thought my recent interest in thrift stores might have to do with my recent decline in income. However, I'm quickly falling in love. What a wonderful concept to reuse things and have the proceeds go to worthy causes. It's shopping with a purpose, and something I can definitely get into. I find it so fun that the unrecognizable smells don't even affect me anymore (or at least not after the first hour).

Going secondhand first makes a difference. My new apt. is more than apt and I have Goodwill to thank.
Today I'm grateful for yummy cupcakes, gift cards, Express.

No comments: