"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

ENFing J!


MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator for those of you not into 500-year old personality tests and learned that Pluto wasn't a planet) really helped remind me of...well, me. I've been an ENFJ -except for a few years I was a more logical ENTJ - for almost 10 years. I love it because it makes you feel like someone really understands you, only it's a test and then you remember what you're good at and what to do with your life! All of this in 30 minutes.

They've done studies to prove the preferences and personality of this are inherited and you are will most likely stay with you forever. How refreshing to know it's in my DNA that I have become less logical with my age and will most likely always struggle with not structuring my time in 15-minute increments. I've come to accept that I have to plan time for spontaneity (tomorrow it's from 3:15-3:45 p.m.).

I'm proud to be an ENFJ. We thrive on harmony and according to my report here's more about me: "Outgoing, friendly, and genuinely concerned about the welfare of others. We (I say "we" as if I actually know these people) are idealistic, caring, and enthusiastic. We are excited by new possibilities, helping other people, and making the world a better place." Hip hip hooray!
To balance out my bragging here's where I struggle..."they often talk around issues or are less direct and honest to avoid conflict. Tend to see people how we want to, rather than who they really are. We hesitate to ask for help b/c always want to appear organized, and in control."

So there it is, my lovely life as an ENFJ. I join the ranks of Oprah, Ben Affleck, and Abe Lincoln (has the MBTI really been around that long...I was joking)with this designation.

Today I'm grateful for parks, cameras, and meeting strangers.

No comments: