"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Winter blah


Winter's tough. In the summer I don't notice as many things or change. When it isn't light so late and there isn't as much to do it offers far too much time for reflection and growth - two things that in large doses drive me slightly batty. My dog's back legs give out a lot, he's getting old. My old kitty can only eat soft food because his teeth have rotted. My dad's hair has turned a lot more gray and I swear my mother is shrinking.

Things seem to age more in the winter. Poems and spiritual teachers compare winter to aging and spring to being born and new (hence spring chicken). Then again winter is a wonderful time to remember that things change, people age, and spring is just around the corner.

Today I'm grateful for to do lists, quiet moments, and runs in Garden of the Gods.

No comments: