"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Monday, April 13, 2009

A "sweet" competition


Somehow on Saturday night I found myself in the midst of a cupcake eating contest. It was everything and more I could have ever hoped for. I'm eternally grateful to Stef for making the suggestion and to myself for actually doing it.
Picture this, an entire box of perfectly iced, rainbow colored cupcakes. Going into the competition my strategy was to eat one as slowly as possible and savor the free heavenly treat. I quickly realized I couldn't be okay with just one. So I picked up as many as I could and licked each one once. This way no one else would eat them and I could save them for when I had the ability to fully appreciate each one. It was indeed a sweet competition - and I lost with complete and total satisfaction.
Today I'm grateful for quiet time, cuddly cats in the morning, and sleeping in.

1 comment:

kymmcs said...

Where would one find out about these sorts of competitions?