"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Friday, December 18, 2009

Denver must do


Before leaving Denver (in T-minus four weeks) I've put together a small list of places and things I must do before departing. And they are...in no particular order:

1) dinner/meal at Lola's in the Highlands

2)Genghis Khan exhibit at Museum of Nature and Science

3)partying at The Church

4)VG Burger in Boulder

5)eat at Strings

6)Horse and carriage ride on 16th St (it's Menver, so preferably with an attractive man)

One of my major items was afternoon tea at the Brown Palace. After getting the last reservation before the holidays I was determined to go, with or without a fellow tea partyer. Thank goodness Stef is equally ladylike and came with me. We enjoyed scones, amazing macaroons, and a pianist playing holiday tunes. Shortly after I wished for us all to do a sing along several folks began singing around the piano. It was a Christmas miracle I'm sure of it!

There you have it folks, nothing too dramatic or fantastical - activities I haven't yet done in the Mile High City and would like to.


Today I'm grateful for cloudy afternoons, applesauce, and my camera.

No comments: