"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Thursday, March 18, 2010

So delicious, it's oatmealicious!


After almost a lifetime of a sugar addition, I'm in need of a new drug, until I remembered how much I love Oatmealicious. Cups and Cakes Bakery in SOMA has oatmeal cookies sandwiched with frosting and ganache. They haunt my dreams - I actually dreamt about one last night.

To be honest I'm not exactly sure when sugar became such a staple in my diet. Although suspicion tells me it has something to do with both my parents being in the dental field and any child's natural desire to rebel...It's pretty odd, I don't really drink or have any other vices...no interest in drugs and yet sugar runs through my veins. My tolerance for the sweet stuff is mind blowing. I can have three cupcakes in one day and not get a rush or even feel sick to my stomach.

Spring begins on Saturday and I would love to be addiction free going into the season. I take great care of myself otherwise (as long as shaving my legs isn't included in care) with exercising, eating well, and getting sleep. Anyone who knows me knows I can't resist an afternoon cookie (or 10) and I adore cupcakes and chocolate. Hmm, if not sugar then what?

Eventually I want to go back to having a cookie or enjoying the pleasure of a hot chocolate, but not until the emotional desire has subsided. My goal is to be sugar-free (rhyme unintentional, but lovely nonetheless) until I realized I set the intention of what I put into my body and how it feels. I'm hereby deciding oatmealicious is as nutritious as broccoli! And so it is!
Today I'm grateful for Dr. Kim, new jobs, and spring weather.

No comments: