"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Sunday, August 15, 2010

10-year reunion union

I don't know how this is even possible, but this weekend was my 10-year high school reunion. Preparation included watching "Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion" to plan for the worst and relive some of my favorite quotes. I planned the union with the Student Council VP (I was Secretary of Social aka the dance planner) and thank goodness we aren't doing any sort of voting on the most successful graduate!?

Looking at the word "reunion" it is about uniting again, and that's what we did. I went to reconnect with people from my past and remember how much they gave to the person I am now...whether they know it or not. Realizing it isn't about proving anything, I still had moments of feeling insecure. I'm the same girl I was in high school with a different wardrobe, better haircut (actually that may be a lie as I think I may have the same one), and more wisdom. I also however, don't have a hot husband or even a boy toy to show off. What I do have is my personality which won me "Most Friendly" and some great friends from the past along the way.

Today I'm grateful for Meadow Muffins, reunions, and confidence.

No comments: