"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Monday, August 2, 2010

Transformation under trash



Since my Joseph Campbell mythology class I’ve been taking my metaphor retraining pretty seriously and particularly came in handy this past week when reality seemed a bit miraculous. I was taking my trash out and upon lifting the bag out of the can noticed a butterfly! On the side of the can was its cocoon. After several minutes waiting for it to fly out I was growing impatient. A small voice reminded me that my trash can where I discard things I don’t want…was its home and all it has known since it came into this world as a transformed butterfly. There is transformation under trash, and I have proof.

today I'm grateful for trash, compost, and recycling. =)

No comments: