"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Year's Re"solution"

My first post in 2011, my what a busy year it has been so far! I'm doing something different this year for my New Year's resolutions. I accept there are things about myself worth focusing on and other things...well, I can only do so much. My friend Jamie and I are commited to radical honesty in 2011.

For me "radical communication" seems more appropriate. I'm not going to just say whatever is on my mind presuming it's the truth. Nor am I going to say everything I think - I have this tendency and realize the guy I'm dating doesn't need to know every single crazy thing running through my brain. Here's what it is in a nutshell:

Communication that is direct, complete, open and expressive. Radical Honesty means you tell the people in your life what you've done or plan to do, what you think, and what you feel. It's the kind of authentic sharing that creates the possibility of love and intimacy.

Bringing hidden meanings of discussions and actions into the verbal realm solves many misunderstandings. I want people in my life to know they're hearing the authentic me. That my actions and words align. My solution to everything in 2011? Radical honesty.

Today I'm grateful for new job, new apartment and on my one year anniversary with SF!!!

No comments: