"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

On the Tim Ferriss wheel

A few nights ago I saw Tim Ferriss at the Commonwealth Club. I've had a slight crush on him for several years since reading "Four-Hour Work Week." His ideas speak clearly to yearning people have for more time to spend on things they care about and less time at work. His newest book, "The 4-Hour Body," (I'm ignoring Chicago Style that dictates "4" be "Four") has again renewed my adoration.

The book even has an entire section on the female orgasm, granted it's about a technique from OneTaste used as a meditation, I applaud his efforts for focusing on female pleasure as a part of health. While I don't plan on sleeping four hours a night (as a section of his book discusses), I am excited to sit down and read more about his suggestions/findings. As someone who enjoys trying new things, I appreciate Tim (first name basis now that I've asked him a question in front of hundreds of people) and all he does to provide people the life they desire, while sometimes doing things that seem ridiculous.

During the interview, he struck me as kind-hearted and even quoted Thoreau (hello, fellow philosopher). I'm enjoying being the Tim Ferriss wheel and am excited to see what else he decides to do. If it includes a four-hour relationship, that might be something I could actually handle!?

Today I'm grateful for four hours, Tim Ferriss, and living in SF.

No comments: