"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Hi! I'm love, joy and vitality. Who are you?




Why love, joy, and vitality you ask? It's not cute, funny, or clever like many other blog names. How can someone consider themselves a bunch of words? Herein lies the true dilemna of human identity. Since I was little, I've always felt there were two sides of me - the me who was tangible and personality-based, and the me who was very different (and made sense) from all that and I couldn't really describe. Many Eastern religions talk about this separation of being human as our true nature and our ego - both a part of us, but one more in touch with who we really are. This blog represents who I really am - love, joy, and vitality.

So many times when people ask who we are we use a series of ways to describe ourselves that may go something like this: I am (insert name here), a daughter, a friend, (insert horoscope sign), a Democrat, a lover, a fighter...you get the picture. Some folks identify who they are with their looks, money, or job. I realize now that none of the above mentioned things are actually me.

If I'm anything at all, I'm a stand for being something for this world, to give something to everyone. I stand for love, joy, and vitality as a way of being and as who I am, here's why:

*Love because I believe it is the answer to everything.

*Joy because when I'm truly present in the moment, this is all I feel.

*Vitality because I take great pleasure in taking care of my body, being strong, most importantly having fun.


Whenever I begin to question who I am, or what I'm doing with my life...these words set me straight and remind me of my true nature. Someday these words will be all I use to identify myself.
Today I'm grateful for: my adorable dog, girls nights downtown, and having brunch with my parents.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job honey!! I really enjoyed it...or the beginning of it at least. You're such a wonderful woman!!!

Anonymous said...

You are adorable and I will be quite interested to read all of your blogs. You're awesome. Stay awesome. Love you!