"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Honest to blog!

Warning, this post serves no purpose other than to brag about what a freakin' fabulous life I have. I became very confronted by how great it is many times today; I feel almost slightly guilty (almost) about its practical perfection. (Apparently I'm all about adjective alliterations today...did it again!) It is a week before my birthday (in the words of a BFF, "Beck, you get one day, yes, one day. Not a week or a month") and the next several weeks are full of fantastic fun, and summer hasn't even started yet.

Example 1: I received a birthday gift today from a wonderful guy (eat that! I do get a week) I have a crush on!

Example 2: I leave for London and Amsterdam (insert giggle here) the last week of May, after a three-day weekend.

Example 3: I'm spending the night of my birth with 1000 people who have been through the Landmark Forum, including my family - talk about extraordinary!

Example 4: Sex and the City movie comes out in two weeks! (I'll be gone but I have such amazing friends I found someone to wait to see it until I get back!)

Example 5: My sister is home for an auditing trip through this whole week!

Today I'm grateful for The Little Mermaid, warm soup, and finishing my to do list.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember getting you a gift... :) Happy Birthday!... Your favorite PM.

kymmcs said...

I love the feeling of having a fabulous life. It is so much better to be grateful for what we have than to spend time thinking of what we don't.

kymmcs said...

P.S...today I'm grateful for having the best job and the best daughter in the world. And for chocolate martinis and high heels.