"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Monday, June 30, 2008

My female crush


I'm ready to admit to everyone and anyone that I have quite a large female crush on Chelsea Handler. She's busty, Jewish, crude, and drinks heavily - everything I'm not. I can't get enough of her.


Seeing her live is hilarious and her show makes me laugh out loud, but it's her books that steal my heart (go figure, I'm pretty nerdy). Her book "My Horizontal Life" made me appreciate my own lovely dating life. Right now I'm finishing up "Are You There Vodka? It's Me Chelsea." Pure ingenius, not just the name (who doesn't still silently chant, "I must, I must, I must increase my bust" and think of Margaret).


Further evidence of our compatibility is her appreciation for the Landmark Forum. She actually has a blurb in it in this last book:


"...Lydia joined the Landmark Forum, one of those life-enhancement seminars, and she already had a completely new lease on life. She had become increasingly sympathetic and supportive, and it was already becoming intolerable."


Yup, that's my girl...making sympathetic and supportive intolerable.


Today I'm grateful for being in communication, boldness, and optimism.

1 comment:

kymmcs said...

I have not read those books. But anything that will make a single girl appreciative of dating is something I could use right now. Maybe I'll go pick it up.