"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Monday, July 14, 2008

Becky's my name and adventure's my game


This week is my final four week stretch at my job. That's right, after four years of corporateness I'm headed off to act my age (whatever that means). For the remainder of 2008 I plan to be as adventurous and stress-free as possible (notice I didn't say spontaneous, planning makes the world go 'round).

 
I don't have a strict schedule at this point, but my last day at work is August 15. Then I plan to wait a few weeks and maybe head to Vegas. After that I'm planning to work at a winery in France, working/living in an Ashram in Boulder, visiting China, and possibly living in a commune (I love the idea of growing my own food and talking to it during the process). I have no idea what 2009 will hold , moving to Denver, working for Americorps or Peace Corps...not sure.

I have so much freedom and it took me up until last week to even notice I had it. After August 15, my life is open and filled with nothing, which means anything is possible. Mostly I have a growing list of life experiences that need checking off. I'm excited about what lies ahead and to really live life the way I've wanted to for a long time. I'm refreshed and energized, and hoping the high lasts a lot longer than my unemployment!

Today I'm grateful for cinnamon tea, my spider pet Sammy, and my strong abs!

1 comment:

kymmcs said...

I did not know any of this. Amazing how much one can learn by reading a person's diary. I wish you luck!