"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

In me I trust


"Self-trust is the first secret of success." - Emerson

Thank you for that validation Mr. E. It is almost two weeks before I leave my job and I'm overwhelmed with emotion. It's sad to leave people I care about so much, especially when they say nice things - after you leave of course! And to be perfectly honest I'm nervous about what's to come. But what this decision has really boiled down to is trusting myself. Trusting myself to be creative, resourceful, and open-minded to what will happen. Trusting myself knowing this is the best decision for me.

I keep getting emails and comments about how they couldn't do it and will live vicariously through me. It makes me sad people don't see they have the same options I do. It may be more complicated with children or husbands, but they can still have what I (will) have. I just got tired of living vicariously through others and admiring them, I realized it was my fear of not having money that was really stopping me from so many things. I can make a difference in this world and in my own life if I don't let that stop me. What good am I to the people in my life and in the world if I'm stopped by money??

I notice people tend to use money as scapegoat for fear, not I (now)! My ability to earn money and provide for myself far outweighs my fear of starvation (most days). ;) (Although I am keeping the food stamps application printed out just in case.) In all actuality, I could be more wealthy when I'm unemployed than when I had my job, who knows!

This could quite possibly be the first time in my life I made a decision without even asking anyone his/her opinion. Maybe it's a sign of growing up, or just a habit that's long overdue. Either way, in me I trust, and it feels oh so good.

Today I'm grateful for my sense of adventure, email, and commitments.

1 comment:

kymmcs said...

I'm jealous of you. Do you know where your adventure will lead you to first? I think it should be downtown with the girls. I'm sure you could do way a lot of good down there!