"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Attempts at a non-pity party

So, here's the deal...lately I haven't felt funny, inspired or very friendly for that matter (definitely not in the mood for a photo). I attribute it to salmonella contamination from China, new stressful job, adjusting to being home from the ashram, a growing frustration with finding a job that inspires me, and today getting rear-ended. I believe focusing on negative things creates more of that (guess I'm not so good at keeping "The Secret), so...instead below are a list of my favorite jokes. This day will not end as a sequel to an Alexander's Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day book (for those of you who used to read that book).
Instead I choose to list a few of my favorite one-liners (drum badaboom not included).

-The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.

-I went to a seafood disco rave last week ... and pulled a mussel.

-Two silk worms had a race. They ended up in a tie.

-Two hats were hanging on a hat rack in the hallway. One hat said to the other, 'You stay here, I'll go on ahead.'

-A small boy swallowed some coins and was taken to a hospital. When his grandmother telephoned to ask how he was, a nurse said, 'No change yet.'

Today I'm grateful for Shannon staying late to talk to me, vegetable soup, doggie kisses.

1 comment:

kymmcs said...

A magician was driving down the road..then he turned into a drive way...