"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Love not h8

Today I was in my first (of many to come, I'm sure) rally/march. I have really held out on being visibly active in the political arena because of my last job in government. Working for a film festival, it's difficult not to be. I went to the anti-Proposition 8 rally/march with several of the people I've been spending time with during the festival (I currently have a lovely "gay gaggle"). The passing of this part of the California constitution banning their civil rights was something they've been deeply disturbed by. It felt great to show my support and all of us were emotional during the march.

Today I'm grateful passion, love, and film festivals.

No comments: