"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Love at first snort

Is it too much to ask that everyone in the world snort when he/she laughs?? I sat next to a man in my Landmark seminar the other night who snorted - it made my night. You can't not love people who snort. There's something so human and uncool about it you just love them, at first snort.

My dad occasionally snorts when he laughs really hard and each time a spurt of love shoots through my heart. Then there's my friend Rachel you has a wonderful laughing snort I adore as well. It's such a genuine expression of joy. The more snorters in this world the better. It has a connotation of nerdiness that is completely unfounded.

I must confess I appear to have a serious case of love at first snort.

Today I'm grateful for sunsets, meditation, and Stef.