"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Friday, September 18, 2009

Carless wonder

I made huge commitment today to the environment by selling my car to a salvage yard...did I mention there wasn't one to replace it? How wonderful my car will go towards helping other cars stay running. It's like organ donation..without the death! Okay, more like automobile recycling.

As I walked away from my car I couldn't help but feel a tinge of sadness. The Maxi (Maxima in case you haven't met before) and I have been through so much together. So many fond memories of jamming to music, coming up with creative ideas, mini road trips, car accidents, and even making out with guys. That car has been a part of my life for 10 years and after 230,000 miles was ready for retirement. Alas, I can't drive a car looking in the rearview mirror (not that I have one anymore); the time has come to move on and so I shall. Farewell fair Maxi. In the words of Karla I'm now a "carless wonder" and still in the driver's seat - with or without a car.

Today I'm grateful for salvage yards, runs in Monument Valley Park, and oranges.

No comments: