"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Monday, November 16, 2009

Festival fog

The first weekend of this year's Starz Denver Film Festival finally wrapped up last night around 2 a.m. It was indeed a fog that is lifting only slightly with several more days to go. A lot of work, but I seem to manage fun and weight gain from all the marvelous food - very well. Highlight so far...getting to hang out with Ed Harris for about 48 hours straight as his "handler" (such a strange Hollywood term, I by no means handled much of anything). Rachel Leigh Cook was also very lovely, and the spread of cupcakes in the Filmmaker Lounge two days ago made my week. Not to mention more attractive filmmaker eye candy than I ever imagined.

The fog has been thick and I'm slowly but surely make my way to the other side...called Closing Night in festival terms - although I'm beginning to think I may want to stay in it longer than I thought...

Today I'm grateful for sugar, yoga teacher training, and films.

No comments: