"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Starz are aligned...

Thursday, Nov. 12 at approximately 4:30 p.m. the Starz Denver Film Festival officially begins for me with red carpets, filmmakers, and an Opening Night filled with sold out seats. I couldn't be more excited for the culmination of my hard work over the past few months...This year's theme is Destination:Anywhere and I can honestly say I never know where this festival will take me.

On Nov. 17 during the festival (the 11-day event culminates on Nov. 22), there is one of the largest meteor showers happening at around 11 p.m. I sincerely hope I get the chance to see how the Starz align for this year's festival and where they will take me next. I'm so grateful for a job I enjoy working with people I adore for an organization that lets me come into work at 10 a.m. if I feel it.

Today I'm also grateful for the films Precious, The Last Station, and The Young Victoria.

No comments: