"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Friday, February 26, 2010

Workin' on my fitness


After a week of company complete with culinary tours of San Francisco, my pants don't fit. I stay in good shape with a fairly intense workout regime. Something has happened since moving to San Francisco (ahem, Man Francisco, can't believe I forgot). I walk everywhere and this isn't really getting me much cardio. Although, the more I think about it, I'm pretty sure it's the increase in afternoon stops at the macaron store Paulette or a hot chocolate from Blue Bottle Coffee that's creating the "bulk" of the issue - not my cardio.

I am recommitting to getting back "up in the gym workin' on my fitness," as Fergie would say. Years after the song has been out I still adore that line, mostly because its syntax makes no sense. If it works for Fergie, it works for me...she's in great shape! And I can guarantee that song will be the first one I listen to on the rowing machine. I be up in the gym working on my fitness...and Man Franciso's my witness.

Today I'm grateful for my gym membership, farmer's markets, and the most walkable city in America - San Francisco.

No comments: