"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

PBMS

Similar to PMS, PBMS affects the Burning Man with equal propensity. I experienced PFS (post festival syndrome) after the film festivals...it's the feeling of a build up for an important even that culminates and then leaves you feeling lonely and life as anti-climatic. It has been sucking at my vitality for an entire week since I have been back from Burning Man. Reminding me yet again the nature of our minds to be excited about something and then feel so let down once it ends...a relationship, a wedding, a vacation, a job, etc.

I'll show you PBMS, I will not only still be excited about my life back in normalcy...I will also begin planning for next year's Burning Man.;)

Today I'm grateful for Mercury Cafe, last minute plans, and lots o' sunshine!

No comments: