"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Babies

I have a personal ritual that involves a documentary and eating cake every Sunday around 8 p.m. Sometimes later or early depending upon how I feel, but it happens...not matter what. It's important to me to have a personal ritual to reconnect with time alone and do things I love. This past week I watched the documentary "Babies" about four, you guessed it, babies from around the world. It follows them from their birth through the first year of life with very few words or dialogue. I loved it, and for a moment I almost wanted to have a baby in Africa so it could learn to crawl through the grasslands. My favorite scene was the baby in Mongolia taking a bath and a goat coming over and drinking the water from the small tub.

Goes to show no matter where we grow up or live, love is a part of the universal human experience...and believe it or not, so is birth.

Today I'm grateful for cake, documentaries, and Jorge.

No comments: