"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Esalen

Next week I attend my first notorious PCC retreat at Esalen. I have no idea what to expect having heard a lot about epic naked hot tubs, lots of meandering, talks, and drugs. Seems like anything is possible...certainly something I am ready for.
Esalen Institute really started with the Beatnik movement with Jack Kerouac and Henry Miller during 1950s.  In the 1960s Joseph Campbell, Ansel Adams, Joni Mitchell, Grateful Dead, Ringo Star, and even Bruce Springsteen hung out there. Now it hosts such visionaries as the Philosophy, Cosmology, and Consciousness studies of CIIS. I'm looking forward to bonding with my new family over clothing optional hot tubs.
Today I'm grateful for hot tubs, coffee, and hormones.

No comments: