"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Succumb to seduction

Surrendering as a spiritual process means allowing whatever will be, will be and releasing an attachment. Lately I've noticed a type of surrender I hadn't noticed before...the surrendering of seduction. To follow what tempts or entices me through my senses. Forgetting what I should be following or doing and knowing whatever I love in this moment is exactly what I need to be drawn to. It's as if my future self pulls me forward with its art of seduction. Going down the rabbit hole by means of an attractive man, a delicious sweet treat, or other bodily pleasure can somehow open up secrets of what I love and don't yet know. I have a tendency to be in my head about (go figure, I'm studying philosophy) most things. I attempt to make decisions about everything from the type of men I should date to what color my yoga mat should be using a rationalization process. The time has come to succumb to seduction (insert kind of sleazy joke about "coming" here)...and to think I was unaware of Venus Retrograde's impact on me...;)

Today I'm grateful for slumber parties, new Website coming soon!, and pottery time!

No comments: