"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Facebook Fast - Day 2

Today when the urge struck to get online I instead made a long over due doctor's appointment and ate at my table for lunch instead of my computer. Then something even more amazing happened...I actually had a phone conversation with a friend instead of just posting a "Hello, I love you" note on her wall. We had a very productive conversation reminding each other about the silly TV shows we watch on occasion and gossiping about ex-boyfriends. Oh how I've missed more of these sorts of discussions that don't happen often enough when one can instead stalk an ex online alone. I'd say this fast is doing a mind, heart, and body good.

Today I'm grateful for Hayley, Glee, and more time.

1 comment:

Hayley said...

And I am thankful for Becky, The Bachelorette, and long phone conversations with dear friends. :)