"The noun of self becomes a verb. This flashpoint of creation in the present moment is where work and play merge." - Stephen Nachmanovitch

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

GLEE!

I would like to state for the record that show choir in high school isn't near as cool as the TV show Glee makes it out to be. We definitely didn't call ourselves the "Glee Club" although I might have had more pride if we did. "Show Choir" doesn't have quite the same ring to it. Yes, there were certainly a few singing hotties, but nothing like Finn. We sang the Lion King and once Mariah Carey - not Lady GaGa or Journey. We wore the same costumes every performance with gold sequined tops and black skirts with hose and black heels - no theatricity. Most importantly my teacher was bald and not a studly Will Shuster.

I realize with this post I openly  admit to having seen the show, perhaps watching it several times. It's worth the partial embaressment to me. Enjoying a show that sheds light, gleefully in fact, on a part of my high school experience I don't often get to remember.

Today I'm grateful for Glee, online TV, and FB to connect me with my former show choir classmates.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love the show! And my high school was all girls so nothing exciting bout choir. Still I enjoyed it (nerd i know!)